Applicants are required to submit the documents listed below. Send the documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the e-mail message subject line you should write the word APPLICATION and the name of the discipline to which you are applying (ie PHILOSOPHY, POLITICAL STUDIES, PSYCHOLOGY or SOCIOLOGY.
Each document should in English and be clearly marked with the same number as in the list below along with the title of the document as shown in bold in the list below (eg 3. Academic Curriculum Vitae)
Completed application form:
- Download PhD Application Form (pdf), Download PhD Application Form (doc)
- Master’s Degree diploma or an equivalent certificate of graduation or an official document from the applicant’s university stating when the defence of the masters’ thesis is due to take place.
- Academic Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent (not more than one page) describing your experience to date in the given discipline, your academic interests, your aims, and the reasons for your choice of the GSSR as the place for your academic development.
- concise description of your planned research (not more than 1500 words plus bibliography) stating your research question, explanation of why it is important for your chosen discipline. Explain how you will approach the problem , and where possible state your hypotheses, how you expect to conduct your research, and the expected outcome(s).
- Letter(s) of recommendation – not more than two with at least one from your masters’ thesis supervisor or from a person who is familiar with your academic achievements and aptitude for conducting your own research.
- Masters thesis (with a summary in English) or a selected academic publication with you as author (with a summary in English)
- Official transcript giving the list of courses completed during your masters’ studies and the grades awarded (the transcript is defined as an official document issued by your university, which lists all courses completed and grades received during your studies)
- Photocopy of passport (in the case of non-Polish applicants)
- Confirmation of payment of the application fee (200 PLN or equivalent in USD or EUR). The fee is waived for candidates from non-EU countries
- English language test certificate Either from one of the standard tests listed under language requirements or an application to take the GSSR’s own test conducted before the second stage of the admissions procedure (interview)
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
To convert the currencies, students may refer to currency converter sites on the Internet (for example http://www.xe.com/ucc/) or inquire with a local bank or travel agency.
All payments must be free of charge for the beneficiary, so that the GSSR receives the full amount established.
The description of the payment must specify the candidate’s full name and the reason for the payment.