Phenomenology Research Summer School 2018
The first International Research Summer School in Genetic Phenomenology took place in Warsaw from September 24th to 28th 2018 at the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology / Graduate School for Social Research, Polish Academy of Sciences. This was the first of a series of Research Summer Schools to be held annually.
The Research Summer School aimed at a concentrated hermeneutical work focusing on the phenomenological research presented in Edmund Husserl’s C-manuscripts 1929–1934 (edited by Dieter Lohmar as volume VIII of Husserliana-Materialien), dedicated to questions of temporality, corporeality and personhood from the standpoint of genetic phenomenology. The genetic account of phenomenology builds the new focus of Husserl- research and will also be the centre of upcoming initiatives during the next academic years.
Following Edmund Husserl’s phenomenological investigations, the Research Summer School aimed at developing new instruments for human sciences and interdisciplinary research.
International experts discussed thematic issues on the basis of textual analysis in lectures and seminars. In the afternoon, international scholars and advanced PhD students continued the discussion with selected textual passages and their related research topics.
The program included a Master Class on the book Force – pulsion – désir: une autre philosophie de la psychanalyse. Problèmes & Controverses, 2013 Paris, held by the author, Rudolf Bernet.
Language: English / German
Total Class Time: 30h
Academic Direction: Prof. Jagna Brudzińska
Organising Committee: Prof. Karel Novotny, Dr. Alice Pugliese
- Rudolf Bernet (University Leuven, Husserl-Archive Leuven, Belgium)
- Jagna Brudzińska (IFIS PAN Warsaw, Poland/ Husserl-Archive Cologne, Germany)
- Saulius Geniusas (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- Fabio Grigenti (University Padua, Italy)
- Julia Jansen (University Leuven, Director of the Husserl-Archive Leuven, Belgium)
- Dieter Lohmar (University of Cologne, Husserl-Archive Cologne, Germany)
- James Mensch (Charles University, Prague; Czech Republic)
- Karel Novotny (Charles University Prague, Czech Republic)
- Dominique Pradelle (Sorbonne University, Paris, Director of the Husserl-Archive Paris)
- Alice Pugliese (University of Palermo, Italy)
- Lanei Rodemeyer (Duquesne University Pittsburgh, USA)
- Claudia Serban (Toulouse University, France)
- Volha Baranchuk (GSSR, Warsaw)
- Mitchell Atkinson (GSSR, Warsaw)
- Temporality and Individuation
- Corporeality, Animality and Motions
- Personhood and Intersubjectivity
- Genetic Methods
- Applications of phenomenological methods
The Research Summer School is organized in cooperation with: Husserl-Archiv, Cologne | Les Archives Husserl, Paris | Husserl-Archives, Leuven | University of Palermo| Charles-University, Prague | Master EuroPhilosophie – Erasmus Mundus| a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School for the Humanities, University of Cologne | University of Padua | gPhen – International Network Genetic Phenomenology and the Human Sciences