While using the reading room, Members should not:
- put the books back on the shelves after having read them;
- bring food or drinks (except for bottled water) into the Library;
- damage Library materials (this involves also marking them in any way);
- take out any materials from the Library without checking them out at the Circulation Desk.
Members are asked to switch off or silent their cellular phones while in the reading room.
Rules of loan:
- GSSR students and staff, and IFiS staff may borrow up to 10 items, for a loan period of 3 days (in case of short loan items) and of 14 days (in case of standard loan items); loan period can be prolonged if the items are not requested by other users,
- when Members have overdue items, borrowing privileges can be suspended,
- the replacement fee for a lost item depends on the cost of replacement according to the current market price.