Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Completed application form:
Download PhD Application Form (pdf)
Download PhD Application Form (doc)
- Master’s Degree diploma or an equivalent certificate of graduation or an official document from the applicant’s university stating when the defence is due
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s masters’ thesis supervisor or from a person who is familiar with academic or professional abilities of the applicant
- Curriculum Vitae
- A concise description of your planned research stating your research question, how you plan to conduct your research, and the theoretical relevance of your expected findings (NB it is not a requirement at GSSR , as it is in some countries that your research generate practical policy recommendations). Please make sure that you also send an electronic version of this to email@example.com
- Official transcript or record of the applicant’s university work (the transcript is defined as an official document issued by your university, which lists all courses completed and grades received during your studies)
- An electronic copy of your Masters thesis if this is mentioned in the transcript
- English language test certificate (eg TOEFL, IELTS)
- Photocopy of passport (in the case of non-Polish applicants)
- Confirmation of payment of the application fee (200 PLN or equivalent in USD or EUR). The fee is waived for candidates from non-EU countries
- 2 photographs
- Certificates other than required (summer schools, conferences, workshops)
Incomplete documents will not be accepted.
We accept photocopies of diplomas and transcripts – originals should be presented at the school in order to confirm that the copies are true copies.
Documents of applicants not accepted are not returned to the applicant. They are kept in the School’s archive.
To convert the currencies, students may refer to currency converter sites on the Internet (for example http://www.xe.com/ucc/) or inquire with a local bank or travel agency.
All payments must be free of charge for the beneficiary, so that the GSSR receives the full amount established.
The description of the payment must specify the candidate’s full name and the reason for the payment.